Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Soooooo.

You know, sometimes, it's the little things one enjoys. Sure, robbing a bank or beating Robin within inches of his life with a crowbar may be fun, and mass murder gets me in headlines and my own regular spot on the 10 o'clock news, but you just have to sit down and take a break, cuddle up to your current hostage, and totally throw them for a loop by watching an old Disney movie.
Now, now, I don't mean the amazing classics such as Lion King or Little Mermaid. Noooooo, apparently, Disney does EVERYTHING in their power to keep those from being found anywhere but yard sales. Instead, I put in a less-known but fun-to-watch DVD, "Hocus Pocus".

It came to my realization, after watching it after years and years, that no one gives to spits about the main character. For all anyone cares, little sister could have had her soul sucked through a jet engine, and with the exception of "yaboos", the love interest could have been eaten by a zombie.
No, no, no, it's ALL about the witches, with a little side of Binks the cat. The so-called heroes are written so horribly that I'm sure none of you can even remember their names without Google or Wikipedia or IMDB or some other crap!
But everyone remembers Winnie. Remember, Winnie, remember! Mnnnn, and at least all the GUYS remember Sarah. And... well, I'm sure SOMEONE remembers Mary.

Those witches made that movie. It goes to show- everyone loves the villains these days! So, why do I get no appreciation from vigilantes? Why can't Batsy just accept me for giving his life substance, watchability, good ratings? Probably has something to do with Jason Todd or Barbara Gordan or a few dozen Gotham citizens, or maybe that one time I tried to gas all the leaders of- ehhh, okay. So, maybe Batsy's got his reasons.

In any case, I need to get going. I've recently come into possession of a large amount of Rob Schneider films, and they'll be PERFECT torture for my current house guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment