Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prom Paddling Predicament!

So,recently, in good ole Alabama, 18 students got in trouble for wearing apparently too-reavling prom dresses. The code was something along the lines of no cleavage, and skirts should not be six inches above the knee. While this may be a tad bit conservative for a public school, that doesn't sound TOO odd. Only just a little ridiculous.

No, no, but HERE'S the good part. The choice in punishment was 3 days suspension... or PADDLING. Given, these are juniors and seniors we are talking about: Far too old for paddling punishment, for sure, don't you think? That's not what makes this such a strange, sad little case. What disturbs me- yes, disturbs ME- is the fact that somewhere along the line, someone thought it would be appropriate to spank 17 year old girls- you know, minors? that the school had already deemed as "under-dressed". Really? Did anyone THINK about how that would look? Cuh-reeeepyyy. Well, that aside, 17 of the 18 skin-baring damsels prefered paddling to suspension. For some reason, I get the mental image of some eager middle-aged man smiling his creepy, redneck little smile as he carries out the sentence, but hey. I don't know that for sure, so I can't judge, right?
Hell yes, I can!

Honestly, I don't know what else to say about these "recent events" kind of things. There were things. These things happened. I wasn't involved, so aside from the creepy mental images of said spankings that I can't get out of my head, what else is there for me to really have an opinion about? I'll just say, good thing the guy doesn't live in Gotham, cause I'd love to let Harley turn the tables on him in the LEAST pleasant and most ironic of ways. Just 'cause it would be funny to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment